Out in the World |  Angkor Wat |  Cities |  People |  China Portraits

Friday, April 22, 2005

Every now and then, I go to a place and all I want to do is shout to the world how great it it. Then I think, wait, I don't want it to be too crowded the next time I go back. And then I start thinking of the ramifications of increased tourism - a loss of spirit in a place, people hungry for money who end up changing their values, damage to the environment. Of course, often times the people are poor and could use the money and the upgrades that come in better facilities and public transportation. There are no easy answers. I do know that Laos is one of these places, with a lush and varied landscape that rivals any in Southeast Asia, and a people that have been seen some of the worst aspects of man but have emerged with their kindness and humanity intact.  Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home